May 07, 2006

Birthday Week... I mean Day


I always seem to have a birthday week...
Various friends or family have to celebrate at different times for some reason...
So today was day number 3...
And what did we do to celebrate??
Go get ice cream :)
Seriously... I can't get away from it right now!!
Not that I am complaining...
But my freezer is groaning a bit!

We went to a new favorite of mine called Jake's Ice Cream...
She does small batch gourmet flavors...
I took home a flavor called Sticky Bon-Bon...
Cinnamon ice cream with candied pecans in it...
Um..... YUMMMMMMMMMMM

And had the "Devil Dog" while I was there...
Vanilla base with devil dogs mixed in... and a bit of Kahlua Chunk on top...

I brought several friends with me...
So hopefully she gets some more business from this event in the future...
I am about a 1/2 an hour away...
But always bring a pint home...

I did try the Mexican Chocolate... and though I am not a big chocolate fan...
The cinnamon and chili powder in the chocolate kept it from being so heavy...
And get it a great zing...

What flavor would you all make if you could create your own?

3 Comments:

At 12:42 AM, Anonymous tg said...

Hmm. Bad reporting, missy. Where is this Jake's Ice Cream? "30 minutes away" doesn't offer much info, city-wise or directions-wise. unless your address is posted somewheres here on the blog. but even then, "30 minutes away" could be in any direction. so i'm thinking it might be better if you just put the address of Jake's.

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous cybele said...

Happy Birthday!

I'm rather fond of Persian-style ice cream, which is usually done with floral flavors like Orange Blossom and Rose.

The place I usually go to in Los Angeles actually did a flavor for me at my request for a while - Saffron and Cardamom ... it was heavenly.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Shionge said...

Yo! It is amazing to read your blog about ice cream - you are a ice-creamholic! I'm a chocoholic! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home